Monday, August 8, 2016

Pan de Queso (Brazilian Cheese Buns)



The only two things I needed to convince me to make this recipe were the two words "Cheese" and "Bread." Two of my most favorite things on earth. As I began researching these little delicacies, I knew I had never heard of tapioca starch. Tapioca, yes. Tapioca starch, no. I found a bag at Whole Foods and knew I was good to go.

The result of tapioca starch combined with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and an egg produced an aromatic, chewy, cheesy bread. Yes, they are addictive!

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1/2 salt
1 1/2 cup tapioca starch (or tapioca flour)
1 egg
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.

Bring water, milk, oil, and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Remove from heat and add tapioca starch and mix well.

Let cool, 10 - 15 minutes.

Transfer tapioca mixture to a large bowl. Add egg and stir to combine. Fold in Parmesan cheese and knead until dough is smooth but still sticky.

Scoop out 1 T. of the dough and roll into small ball. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.

Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.


From www.allrecipes.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment