Sunday, August 21, 2016

Roasted Spicy Cauliflower


Like I told y'all a few weeks ago, I have never been a huge fan of cauliflower. Then, I made the pureed cauliflower and loved that. Tonight, as one of our side dishes, I prepared this roasted spicy cauliflower. When it came out of the oven, I was burning my fingers, snitching bites off the roasting pan! Roasting the florets transforms the white pieces of cauliflower into golden brown, slightly sweet morsels. So good!

1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets (you'll need 4 - 6 cups)
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 t. red pepper flakes
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Place cauliflower, oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl; toss to combine. Arrange in a single layer on a heavy-bottomed baking sheet or in a large baking dish. Roast until softened and golden brown, 25 - 30 minutes.

From The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment