Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Open Faced Sandwich with Gravy


I hope y'all never get tired of my slow cooker blog posts because I don't believe I will ever get tired of using my slow cooker!

I had a beautiful boneless pork tenderloin that I wanted to cook while I was at work. Into the slow cooker it went with a light salt and pepper coating and 2 cups of chicken broth.  And the result? An amazingly tender pork tenderloin that could be enjoyed many different ways. Here's what I did!

1 lb. boneless pork tenderloin
salt
pepper
2 cups chicken broth

Place the pork tenderloin into the slow cooker, lightly salt and pepper. Slowly pour in 2 cups chicken broth. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or 8 hours on low.

When pork has cooked through and will shred easily with two forks, remove from slow cooker and place on a cutting board or baking sheet.

Pour broth /drippings through a strainer and set aside.

Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker and set on "keep warm" option. Cover.


At that point, if you'd like to load up toasted buns or bread, you've got a delicious sandwich you could top with cheese, lettuce, tomato, etc.


But......if you want a really yummy, messy, over the top, sandwich make this extremely easy gravy.



I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!


No comments:

Post a Comment