Sunday, March 19, 2017

Grilled Caribbean Jerk / Blood Orange Pork Burger with grilled pineapple slices


It was finally nice enough (weatherwise) this afternoon, to fire up the grill. We knew we wanted burgers, but what kind? I chose pork and we went from there. Although I'm not a fan of pineapple, I knew that would be a great addition to the Caribbean Jerk seasonings. A quick check of my available fused olive oils and I knew that the blood orange would pair perfectly with the seasonings.  Here we go!

1 1/2 lbs. ground pork
1/2 t. salt
1 t. McCormick's Perfect Pinch Caribbean Jerk Seasoning

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and shape into 5 or 6 patties. Cook on a preheated gas grill or charcoal grill. Cook until burgers are cooked through. Place buns on the grill and toast.

If desired, place pineapple slices onto the grill and let cook for 1 - 2 minutes per side.

For our burgers, I kept the condiments to a minimum to allow the citrusy goodness to shine. A light layer of whole grain mustard and mayo, a little Heinz 57, a few slices of red onion.....Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment